National Executive Director
Steven Clark oversees operations at the Legion’s National Headquarters and coordinates several Dominion Command committees. He is also the Executive Director of the Legion National Foundation. He is an Ordinary member of Legion House Branch 13-013.
- Joined National Headquarters as an Administrative Officer in 2005, eventually becoming the organization’s Director of Corporate Services and later, its National Executive Director.
- Served as Area Cadet Officer (Air) for Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island while at Maritime Command Headquarters Halifax.
- Served with the Directorate of Cadets at National Defence Headquarters in Ottawa.
- Left the military in 1991 to join the non-profit sector as part of the Air Cadet League of Canada, eventually becoming its Chief Administration Officer.
- Former Director of the National Remembrance Day Ceremony in Ottawa.
- Former Co-producer of Remembrance initiatives including the Virtual Wall of Honour and Remembrance, the Two Minutes of Silence video, and the virtual Poppy Drop on the Peace Tower and Centre Block, Parliament Hill.
- Previously worked with Theatre New Brunswick (TNB) in various roles including Company Manager of TNB’s Main Stage.
- Educational training as a teacher includes Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education degrees from St. Thomas University in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- Recently started piano lessons, and actively involved in community associations related to family interests, including soccer, figure skating, swimming and road racing.
- Steven and his wife Donna - also a Veteran - have one daughter, a Master's graduate from the University of Ottawa. They are passionate hikers and travelers.