National Executive Director
Steven Clark served as a Royal Canadian Air Force Reservist and member of the Cadet Instructor Cadre, before his transition to the non-profit sector.
He is an Ordinary member of the Legion and joined its National Headquarters as an Administrative Officer in 2005. He later became the organization’s Director, Corporate Services and in 2019 was named to the position of National Executive Director.
- Served as Area Cadet Officer (Air) for Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island while at Maritime Command Headquarters Halifax.
- Served with the Directorate of Cadets at National Defence Headquarters in Ottawa.
- Left the military in 1991 to join the non-profit sector as part of the Air Cadet League of Canada, eventually becoming its Chief Administration Officer.
- Director of the National Remembrance Day Ceremony in Ottawa.
- Co-producer of Remembrance initiatives including the Virtual Wall of Honour and Remembrance, the Two Minutes of Silence video, and the virtual Poppy Drop on the Peace Tower and Centre Block, Parliament Hill.
- Previously worked with Theatre New Brunswick (TNB) in various roles including Company Manager of TNB’s Main Stage.
- Educational training as a teacher includes Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education degrees from St. Thomas University in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- Recently started piano lessons, and actively involved in community associations related to family interests, including soccer, figure skating, swimming and road racing.
- Steven and his wife Donna - also a Veteran - have one daughter, a Master's graduate from the University of Ottawa. They are passionate hikers and travelers.