Rick Bennett is Chair of several Dominion Command Committees including the Budget Committee, Investment Committee and Staff Pension Committee. He is also a member of the Going Forward Committee.
A member of the Fort Garry Branch #90, he has served in various positions at the Branch, District, and Provincial Command levels, including as Provincial Command President.
- Appointed Dominion Treasurer in 2021.
- Chairman of the LAC planning committees for the 2010 and 2018 Dominion Convention.
- Elected Manitoba Provincial Command Honourary Treasurer in 2015.
- Elected Manitoba Provincial Command President in 2011.
- Elected Manitoba Provincial Command Vice-President in 2007.
- Awarded The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2012.
- Presented the Meritorious Service Medal in 2016.
- Received The Royal Canadian Legion Life Membership Award in 2008.
- Received the Legionnaire of the Year Award in 2003.
- Served as Branch President for three terms, 2000-2002.
- Educational experience includes the University of Toronto.
- Worked for National Hard Chrome Plating including as Division Manager, later managed its western Canadian arm.
- Former Agricultural Accountant at Manitoba Sugar Co., later became Company Accountant.
- Former Assistant to Director of Accounting for Ancillary Services at the University of Manitoba.
- Rick and his wife Dale have celebrated over 40 years of marriage and have two children, Stacey and Cameron – the latter is a retired CAF member having completed three tours of duty in Afghanistan.
- Rick and Dale enjoy their role as grandparents of two busy grandsons.