Owen Parkhouse is Chair of the Dominion Command Public Relations Committee and Dominion Command’s Eastern United States Zone representative. A long time Legion supporter, having joined almost 20 years ago, he is currently a member of Branch #26 in Morell, Prince Edward Island.
- Vice-President of PEI Provincial Command.
- Provincial representative for the Legion’s Operational Stress Injury Special Section.
- Board member of The Last Post Fund.
- Member of the Royal Commonwealth Society.
- Served in the Canadian Armed Forces in various capacities for 25 years.
- Awarded the Chief of Defence Staff Commendation in 2000.
- Awarded the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2012.
- Former Peer Support Coordinator for the Operational Stress Injury Support program for PEI.
- Former Deputy Chair of the Veterans Review and Appeal Board.
- Educational experience includes a degree in Political Science from the University of King’s College, a Master’s degree in International Relations from Dalhousie University and a Diploma in National Security and Strategic Studies from the United States Naval War College.
- Born in Quebec, he now considers Prince Edward Island home. He is an IBC (Islander by Choice) and lives with his wife, dog, cat and five hens.