Mark Barham is Chairman of the Dominion Command Budget, Investment, Pension and Pay committees.
He joined the Legion in 1975, and is an active member of Kensington Branch #264 in Calgary, Alberta. He has served in various roles at his Branch over the years and is currently its Chairman of Business Redevelopment.
- Past Provincial Treasurer of Alberta Command.
- Awarded Life Membership by local member Branch.
- Director of the Whitney Victory Barham Foundation, established after the passing of his oldest daughter; dedicated to building playgrounds for underprivileged children in the Caribbean and to providing outreach to homeless and underprivileged children in the Calgary area.
- Currently working on the development of a family assistance program with the Calgary Health Authority.
- History of entrepreneurship having owned and operated several businesses.
- Worked for a large multi-national company where he earned numerous awards.
- Sold a nine-restaurant chain in Calgary after almost 20 years of operation and employing 300 people.
- Educational experience includes a degree in Economics and International Policy from the University of Western Ontario, and two years at Laurentian University in the Honours Business Administration program. During his final term in the York University Masters of Business Administration Program, a family tragedy led to his unexpected transition to working at a large multi-national company.
- Enjoys hunting, fishing, reading and writing.