Virtual Wall of Honour2016
Honour and Remember Canada's Veterans through the Legion's Virtual Wall of Honour and Remembrance.
As a way to honour relatives and friends who have served Canada, Canadians are invited to forward a photograph of a deceased Canadian Veteran to Dominion Command to be displayed on large video screens located near the National War Memorial and shown prior to the start of the Remembrance Day Ceremony held on November 11th.
The Legion Virtual Wall of Honour and Remembrance 2016
Submissions to be added to the Virtual Wall of Honour and Remembrance for November 2017 must be received by October 27, 2017. Later submissions will be included in the 2018 edition.
Criteria for photographs
- Any deceased Canadian Veteran whose death was attributable to any cause before or after they served may be honoured. A Canadian Veteran is any person who is serving or has honorably served in the Canadian Armed Forces or as a Regular Member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or as a Peace Officer in a Special Duty Area or on a Special Duty Operation, or who has served in the Merchant Navy or Ferry Command during wartime.
- The photos should be high resolution electronic image files or high resolution photo prints (no originals please as they cannot be returned).
- The quality of the image submitted dictates the quality of the image displayed on the Virtual Wall (please do not send photocopies as the image quality is poor).
- Please include the Veteran’s name, years of service, element or force to which the departed belonged or regiment/unit.
- Please do not send service records or other documentation as they cannot be returned.
- One image for each honoured Veteran will be used
To submit a photo
- Send a photo to: Dominion Command, 86 Aird Place, Ottawa, ON, K2L 0A1
- Or email a high resolution digital image to: RememberingThem@legion.ca or ALeurMemoire@legion.ca
Thank you for honouring and remembering Canada’s Veterans.
Lest We Forget