The Championships are open to both boys and girls in the following age categories:
15 years and under, as of 31 December in the year of the
17 years and under, as of 31 December in the year of the
The criteria for chaperones is as follows:
each Provincial Command may have a maximum of four chaperones, who should be members of the Legion, to accompany the team;
the number of chaperones is not to be reduced in an effort to increase the number of athletes;
each Command should name one head provincial chaperone; and
ensuring that chaperones are physically fit to handle the responsibilities of their position, taking into account the age and exuberance of the athletes, the rigorous schedule of events and the challenging terrain.
The criteria for coaches is as follows:
each Provincial Command may have a maximum of four coaches accompany the team;
each Provincial Command must name one coach as the Head Coach and that person should be fully certified at Level 3. All remaining team coaches should require a Level 2 certification. There may be exceptions to this rule; and
each provincial athletic association is permitted to designate no more than two additional coaches of Level 1 or 2 to accompany their team for certification purposes. Further, these individuals would benefit from the experience of helping in the coaching clinics in a major event. All associated expenses are to be paid by the provincial athletic association or the coach, but not by Dominion Command.
Each Provincial Command is authorized to send a team of 46 persons, including two extra coaches. Dominion Command will pay 70% of the costs for up to 44 people, while the other 30% is the responsibility of the Provincial Command. The cost for the two extra coaches will be the responsibility of the respective provincial command. The approved structure is as follows:
a maximum team of 46 shall consist of: 40 athletes, four chaperones and two coaches. The two extra coaches will be paid by the respective Provincial Command;
provincial chaperones shall be at a ratio of one chaperone to 10 athletes, or a major portion thereof, evenly distributed between the sexes;
commands with more than 25 athletes MUST send a minimum of two coaches;
commands with 25 athletes or less MUST send a minimum of one coach; and
commands are not permitted to send persons acting in the dual role of coach and chaperone.