The Royal Canadian Legion is dedicated to serving veterans, members and ex-members of the military, their families and the community. If you are now serving in the Canadian Forces, you can become a "Military Member-at-Large" (MML).
This program is designed to provide serving members of the CF the opportunity to join the Legion without affiliation to a regular branch at the time of original application. The MML program allows serving members of the CF to support the organization until they are able to become more involved at which time they may transfer to a local branch.
Although MML members will not have the opportunity to participate in all the activities of a regular branch they can visit other branches for social purposes.
The following outlines the MML program:
- The MML program is open to all active service personnel of the Canadian Forces.
- All applications will be approved by Legion Headquarters (Dominion Command).
- MML members will hold Ordinary membership status and will have the same rights as other Ordinary members; however, as the MML branch is a "paper" branch only and does not have club facilities or an executive, MML members will not have the opportunity to vote, run for office or compete in sporting events until they transfer to a regular branch.
- All members will pay annual membership dues directly to Dominion Command. The current membership fee is $48.37.
- To apply for membership you should complete the MML Application Form and submit it with your payment (payable to Dominion Command) together with a copy of your Service Record and proof of citizenship to:
The Royal Canadian Legion
86 Aird Place
Ottawa, ON K2L 0A1